Friday, October 29, 2010

A Walk in the Park



I love this kit.  Echo Park's 'A Walk in the Park' was one of my favorites kits of the summer/fall!  I took these photos in early Sept on my mother's birthday.  We had brunch & then went to Congress Park to walk around, see the fish in the ponds & expend a little toddler energy!  I love the photo of my mom with Finn, I can only hope to look half as wonderful as she does when I'm her age.  This layout was inspired by Apron Strings Monday Challenge:  incorporate a new technique into your layout. I love this challenge b/c I've been dying to get my hands on a bottle of that dimensional medium that turns embellishments thick & shiny like and epoxy sticker.  I can't remember the actual name of this stuff, but I bought a bottle and used it on the chipboard butterflies and the words 'Walk' and 'Park'.  I inked them first, and then added the gloss.  LOVE this stuff, I have a feeling it's going to appear on many of my future layouts...

2 comments:

  1. I love how you used almost an entire sheet of the polka dots centered on the right but added the brown brads on the brown polka-dots at the base... so simple, but its a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine is called Diamond Glaze, and isn't it fantastic?! I love that stuff. Awesome, awesome page. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete