Saturday, November 20, 2010

Apples and a Hayride




Ahhh, I've been waiting to scrap these photos!  Ever since I flipped to a different kit for October, I've been coveting this Studio Calico Elementary kit from Apron Strings.  Lori over there honored my billionth request to swap one of November's kits for this one, so I could finally do this layout I had been dying to do :) 

These were taken just 2 months ago, and I can't believe the difference from last year.  He was so much fun this year, actually picking the apples, saying "tractor" on the hayride, riding the pony.  The layout itself was inspired by Page Maps Sisters Scrapbooks sketch contest, using the sketch above.  I also followed an Apron Strings Monday Challenge which was enormously amusing, to create a scrap "Sundae" which I did using:

Chocolate Ice cream = Colored cardstock of my choice
Hot fudge = Epoxy embellishment (homemade green epoxy apple)
Bananas = Brads (green & red apples)
Whipped cream = Fabric or felt embellishment (green felt border)
Cherries = Buttons

1 comment: