Friday, January 7, 2011

Operation Bathroom Renovation-Phase 1

Tonight I'm going to take pictures (I'll post them tomorrow) of our existing bathroom.  I have a love/hate relationship with this space.  I love the fact that the sink area is seperated from the toilet/bathtub area by a pocket door.  I love the fact that that the pergo runs from the hallway into that sink area.  That's about it for loves though.  The hate list is far more extensive.  I hate the fact that it's brown.  Brown sink, brown toilet, brown bathtub.  It looks like the color of things I've wiped off of my todder's behind.  I hate the counters, the cabinets, the hardware, the mirror, the light fixture, and the fact that the sink is off center.  There's more I'm sure, but it's late & I'm tired.   

Thankfully, I've got it all worked out.  I've got big plans for the bathroom, to turn it from love/hate/hate/hate/hate/hate into just plain old LOVE! 

According to my darling husband (who often accuses me of having a bit of champagne taste that has been known to conflict with our beer budget) this renovation needs to be done in phases.  It's not a bad idea anyways, seeing as though it's our only bathroom, and as a working mom, renovation time is really limited to weekends. 

Oh, and did I mention that we're doing this all ourselves?  This should be interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment